Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Why Moms Need Friends



Moving to a new town and having no friends can be pretty lonely. At the beginning of the school year, I joined a MOPS group because I desperately needed friends that are at the same stage in life I am in. Last night, I hung out with some of these new friends from my MOPS group. Time flew by. A little get-together that meant so much. 

So in “top 10” style, I will tell you why moms need friends.




1. Because loneliness among moms is too common, and it doesn’t need to be that way.

2. Because it is nice to know that other moms make ramen noodles for lunch too, are lucky to get a shower before noon, and that ponytails are in style.

3. Because we like play-dates just as much as our kids do. 

4. Because we need adult conversation where we don’t have to ask, “Do you need to go poopy?”

5. Because our husbands cannot provide the chatter that comes along with “woman territory.”

6. Because you can indulge in tasty treats when you are together and not feel guilty for the calories you consume since “everyone else is doing it.”

7. Because it is nice to have someone understand how exhausting it is to care for little people, while at the same time, it is a precious time in life that only lasts so long

8. Because we need heart to heart connections with other people that get it.

9. Because we want to be known, and accepted, regardless of our flaws.

10. Because God created us as relational beings, we are not meant to do life alone.


Top Ten {Tuesday}
1.    


5 comments:

  1. I smiled at a lot of your bullets :) Thank you for your wonderful posts... you have gained yourself a new follower!

    Stop by whenever you have a minute... www.onesewingmommie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your points. Great encouragement and good reminders. (especially love the "chatter" of woman territory. So true. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have moved to a new town...away from my favorite MOPS group ever, not sure why I haven't joined a new group, this reminds me that I need to do this...thanks for the reminder of what I am missing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:31 PM

    That cake looks really good, who serves that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. It is good to take stock of the best times to get together for different friends so you can be intentional about catching up. Some of my friends it is best to do lunch together (either at home or out), others to do a cuppa at their place and others to go out for dessert once the kids are in bed. Once we start to accept that it is okay to have a playdate their are many different times and places for it to happen.
    Thanks for the reminder - encouragement to make a playdate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails