Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our New House

Can I start a blog post with a prayer request? We still have not sold our house in Iowa, so if you think about us, please pray that our home sells quickly. We know that there is someone out there that will love our house as much as we did!

But on to the reason for this post. Some people have asked , "How do you like your new home?" And the simple answer is, "We love it!"

When we began looking at homes, our intention was to rent, because really, who wants to have two mortgages?  We had no luck finding a handicap accessible or a first floor apartment. Looking for a rental home turned out to be tricky and expensive as well. As a matter of fact, the few homes that we found that could work for us were too expensive. But we do have 2 kids with special needs, and their safety is a priority, along with accessibility using a wheelchair or a walker.

And so we found our new home. It is a ranch style home and has a lot of open space. Nina can use her walker freely. All the floors have hardwood or tile. The back yard is fenced in and we have a partially finished basement. All these little details make this house just great for our family and for our needs. And according to Ellie the best part is that we have a fireplace, so that in cold winter days she can cuddle by the fire, drinking hot chocolate, and wrapped in a blanket...yeah...the romanticism of it all...she is my daughter.

The location is just fantastic too! We have everything we need close to us and we are loving it!

There is a park a block from our house and it seems to be a great neighborhood.

I will take pictures as soon as I find my camera.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Glad you found something that will work so well for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fantastic! What a blessing to find exactly what you need that will accommodate your family! I'll keep you all in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I'm jealous...we have steps everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds perfect! cant wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! It is the best place to raise your kids. This is what completes a home and this also makes a strong home foundation. Remember that our shelter is what keeps our family together. So I hope you and your family would make great memories in your new home and I hope those memories would last a life time.

    P.S. I'm so excited to see photos of your new home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry to hear that you had trouble selling your house, but I’m very glad that you found a house that suits all your needs. I love how Ellie has already found so much to love about the house. I’m sure that enthusiasm and eagerness made the transition from your old house to the new one much easier to deal with.

    Levi Ervin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think in the long run, you did better by buying the house instead of getting something to rent. A ranch house with lots of open space is definitely going to be great for your children as it will give them room to explore and discover things differently. I hope you’ve been enjoying your home since you moved in!

    ~ Calvin Mordarski

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails