Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thank You For Giving

I don't know that there will be enough words to say "thank you" to all those who helped us bring Nina home. The longer she is with us the more she feels like she is mine, and I am not babysitting her as much as I used to. This last week I was reminded of the reasons why we adopted her, and of the darkness from where she came.

Three weeks before going to get her we were about $13,000 short. Yet, God provided...through you. What an amazing journey to be a part of, how humbling too. God's hand was upon Nina, He loved her, He created her. And besides the love of a family, what we have to offer is far greater than that, we have Jesus, she will know about a Savior that loves her desperately.

Nina loves to sing. At the orphanage I would sing to her "Oh no, you never let go, " and "Jesus loves me." Still her two favorite songs.

Andy was listening the other day at some music on the radio and the song "Thank you, for giving to the Lord." Was playing.

"I can picture Nina," he said, "Standing before our family and friends, singing, thank you, for giving to the Lord, I am a life, that was changed."

It was a very powerful realization of the difference that those that gave made in her life. Just months away from being sent to an institution and never hearing about Jesus, never knowing the love of a family.

So thank you, thank you so much. Even after 4 months, we can say thank you, and we will forever be grateful. And maybe someday, Nina will stand before all those who love her and sing "Thank you", because your gift saved her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails