Saturday, December 3, 2011

The 5th Season

Yesterday, Andy mentioned that Christmas feels like a 5th season. It happens during Winter, yet, it has a "feel" of its own. The feel of lights, peppermint mocha, music, baked goodies, warmth, family, love, and your life's blessings as they dance before you in moments so simple, as putting up the Christmas tree.

As we set up the Christmas tree last night with the girls, we felt overwhelmed by God's love and provision. After 2 years of transition for our family, our house brimmed with joy and love. It was impossible not to recount the ways in which the Lord has been with our family. "I am the luckiest man alive" Andy said. His statement was so powerful to me that it brought tears to my eyes as I watched my family smiling, dancing, singing, and even the rascal complaining there was no Barbie movie playing. Surely the Lord has been good to us. So good.

Christmas, to us, will from now on be a 5th season. We will count our blessings and be thankful to the One that came to us, so that we could have life, and have it to the full. We will bask in His love, that has been poured to us, and we will give Him all the glory, for the richness we have in this life have come from His hands.


This wreath was made by yours truly. It was inspired by my friend Natalie.








3 comments:

  1. You're right...CHristmas really is a 5th season...and if that's the case, then it's my favourite one. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas...and the boys have been so cute this year. Pretty much asking every night if Santa comes tonight. Love the photos of your girls decorating the tree. Aren't we blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, I have never met you and I dont personaly know you, but you and your family mean so much to me. I love reading your blog!! You inspire me to no end and have made me think so much about so many things.

    I have 2 children of my own and have always felt like someone was missing from our family. Because of your blog, and you, I have been looking in to adoption and now Im trying me best to convince my hubby that it might be the right thing for us. One thing that has cought me off gaurd is the "need" I feel to adopt a special needs child.

    My 2 children are not speical needs so it would be new ground for us, but it feels right. I will just have to keep praying about it and we will see. Thank you again for being such a ray of light in my life.
    XO's,
    Christal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thought of Christmas as a 5th season! My daughter and I were just writing a song - a variation of The 12 Days of Christmas - and talking about how things like snowmen and sledding aren't really Christmas things. They are more like winter things. Thanks for sharing with us over at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails