Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ready to "Be Still"



This year Lent begins on Wednesday, February 22nd. If you have been around These Broken Vases for a while, you know that I have observed Lent the last couple of years (no I am not Catholic, but I have come to find Lent very meaningful) You can read about that here and here.

If you read my last post, you know that I need to make some changes in order to be present with my family. I have allowed social media and my time spent on my computer to take priority, and this really needs to change.

I wrote this last year, and it continues to hold truth today:

The season of Lent is to be a season of self-examination, prayer, repentance, and re-commitment. Our sins cost Him death on the cross. They are not to be taken lightly, they are not to be diminished as simple bad habits. Lent can be a meaningful time that leads us to the celebration of Christ's Resurrection at Easter.
I want this season to be a time where God speaks truth into those deep places of my heart. A time where I hear His voice and allow His words to cover my being and to change me. A time where I allow God to search me and to know my heart. A time where I find those things that are offensive to the God that gave me life. I want to be transformed.
 
So there will be some changes. I will be limiting my time on-line and I have an accountability partner. I am really excited about this. I want to experience Psalm 46:10, it says,  "Be still and know that I am God."
 
What will Lent look like for this blog?

Every Friday during Lent, I will have a guest post from dear friends that are willing to share with you how they have found beauty despite brokenness. I am excited about this and I think you will find these posts to be inspiring and you might be able to identify with some of them.
 
I will be posting here every Tuesday and once during the weekend. Some say a great way to lose your readers is by not posting often, but hopefully when you do stop by you will find yourself reading something that is worth your time.
 
So that is me. What about you, do you observe Lent? What are the things that you hope to work on this year? What are areas in your life you hope to see transformed?

6 comments:

  1. I've found that posting less has actually increased traffic for my blog. It forces you to focus more on the quality of your writing. Maybe the same will be true for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope to bring more "quality" to this blog Sarah. At least something worth the time to stop and read.

      Delete
  2. I hear you. I am stepping back from the computer for Lent also, and I am also not Catholic. I need less online and more Bible study, less posting and most parenting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to come up with a plan and it really helps, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. I think this is terrific! And I read here because I always walk away with a blessing. Won't scare me off if you post less to keep your focus where it is supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails