Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Angel Needing a Family (Domestic Adoption Opportunity)

Meet Alex!



Alex is a 5 year old little boy with Cerebral Palsy and he needs a family. Isn't he just adorable? His smile just melts my heart. He has lived in a children's rehabilitation hospital in New York since he was born.  His birth parents have been involved with him the whole time, but are unable to care for him at home and have come to the loving decision to place him for adoption.

Spence- Chapin, an adoption agency, has been trying to find him a family for several months now, but there have been only a few inquiries, with no matches yet.

Alex is eligible for an adoption subsidy and Medicaid, regardless of parental income, in any state through his eighteenth birthday.  The adoption subsidy from new York is very generous and would really go a long way to helping a family provide for Alex.  Spence-Chapin's adoption fees for special needs are $1,000-3,000 on a sliding scale, but they can waive this based on family need.

They are looking for a strong family that has resources near by and parents no older than 45 years old, family size is not an issue, as long as they have a strong plan for Alex's care.

You can CLICK HERE and read more about Alex from Spence-Chapin's website.

If you are interested, let me know and I will put you in contact with the lady that is working hard to find him a family. You can also help spread the word about Alex!

Adoption is the most difficult thing I have had to do, but it has been worth every minute! I will not give you a moving story, or bring tears to your eyes, because if God leads you to adopt it will not be because of my words, but because that feeling you will have in your heart.You will know that Alex is your son. On the meantime, I am praying for you, praying for God to make that abundantly clear, for you to dream about holding Alex in your arms and offering him a hope and a future, and all the love you can give. I don't know who you are, but I am praying!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I shared this on my Facebook, as I loved how eloquently you advocated for him! I really have a heart for special needs adoption, and write blog posts for Reece's Rainbow kiddos. I've loved reading your about your sweet family!
    ~Claire Shrader
    clairescalicocorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! And what a wonderful thing you are doing for orphans with special needs. Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails