Monday, June 7, 2010

Grandparents are a Blessing!

Last week Andy's parents came to visit us for five days. They had not met Nina yet and we were all so excited to see them. Ellie was counting down the hours until grandma and grandpa Stumbo would show up at our door!

While they were here, Andy and his dad got to work! Our basement was a disaster. And this time, I promise I am not exaggerating! Cleaning and organizing the basement was a project that weigh heavy on us. In a way, the outside was a little reflection of how we have felt on the inside. So having it clean not only took care of the basement, but it gave us more energy to buckle up and keep moving forward!

The basement then extended to the garage and shed. And let me tell you, it looks awesome! If it wasn't for a bat in the basement that we cannot find, I would even consider making it our craft room. Ha!

Ronda helps so much in the house. I can say that she did all the cooking and cleaning while she was here. I don't know how she does it, she is amazing! And she made us some cookies that I have to say are the best! And my girls all agree!

And not to mention how fun it is for our girls to be with their grandparents playing and cuddling. It sure makes me wish we lived closer to Andy's parents or my mom and sisters.

Grandparents sure are a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails