Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tilapia and veggies, a Stumbo favorite

Did you think you would ever see a recipe here on the blog? When I returned from vacation, I asked you for some help:
Help me out here with some blogging ideas, I am having “bloggers block” as I am adjusting to life. Any good blog-post title ideas? Witty? Funny? I will run with it! I promise! Topic ideas? Any questions? Please, oh please do help me out here! I love questions!
One suggestion I got was meals we do at home, and as I was making our new favorite dish I though, "I should take some pictures and do my  very first recipe on the blog!" And so I snapped some pictures and Andy asked, "Are you taking pictures of our food?" He probably thought he should be the one taking a picture of me cooking, to prove I actually do cook once in a while, or to remind me when I forget. 

Enough back story, on with the recipe!
Tilapia and Veggies
Ingredients:

Tilapia fillets
one large onion
one red bell pepper
one bunch of asparagus
one zucchini
2 limes
olive oil
salt
pepper
paprika

Preheat over to 450

Cut and dice all the veggies and place them in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and the juice from one lime over them. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Place on cookie sheet.
They are as delicious as they look!
Place veggies on lower rack for 5 minutes before the tilapia while you finish preparing the fish. (I suppose you could keep the veggies 5 minutes longer or until done, I just do it first)

Brush olive oil on tilapia fillets. Place in glass container. Squeeze a lime over the fillets. Add salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.

Place tilapia in the middle rack and bake for 18 minutes.

Voila!

It really is a favorite at our house, although Nina is the only kid that eats all the veggies. The other 2 have some they eat, some they don't.

What is a favorite recipe at your house?


5 comments:

  1. We love tilapia! We usually coat it in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and then bake it.

    If your girls like those veggies they might like the chicken kabobs we make. Here is a link to the recipe. All of my kids love this and you could use any veggies you like. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/yummy-honey-chicken-kabobs/detail.aspx

    Of course you know that our other favorite is pizza casserole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that is why Andy likes to say, "go see what Erin has on pinterest!" and he thinks we need to try some of the desserts too!

      Delete
    2. If you add a bak epotato with butter and pepper will be perfect.

      Delete
  2. We don't "cook" per se in our house; if it's not pasta, frozen, or canned that is! But we have an 89-year-old neighbor who loves to cook and I keep wishing she'd teach me (she's a hoarder, so she never lets us into her house, let alone her kitchen, but that's another story)!

    However, this looks so yummy that my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling just looking at the photos (doesn't help that it's almost dinnertime at my house, LOL) - I am going to have to try this recipe! I've bookmarked this post so I can refer to it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sabrina, I will tell you now that when you come over to my house, I will make this for you!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails