Monday, August 27, 2012

The celebration party!

Ellie's birthday celebration was a blast! I often don't enjoy planning birthday parties, there is just so much that goes into planning food, games, crafts, little gifts to send with the guests, cake, snacks, invitations, and all of that. Not to mention the set-up and the clean-up. I am not a detailed person, and birthday parties require a lot of details when you have several small children at your house.

So, this time, we decided to go with a party hosted somewhere else where all we had to do was show up and bring the kids and the cake. It also happened to be that Monkey Joe's was having a "special" for the month of August. So on Saturday, Ellie had a birthday party that was not only perfect for mom, but for the kids too. And I won't lie, I also love big inflatables. I also have children that require me to help them, so oh boy did I have fun!

Ellie even got her own throne in the party room. It was pretty sweet. And did I mention that I had a helper too? She served the kids juice and pizza, she cut the cake, and she even helped with the opening of the presents. We basically handed her the presents and then she put them all away as soon as Ellie was done admiring the presents. it really was awesome!


 I asked the kids to make a silly face. They happily obliged.

Ellie with Monkey Joe, who also brought her a birthday present.

And Andy with the rascal. Right now she refuses to have pictures taken, so this is as good as it gets!

Almost all the kids with Monkey Joe. Notice Nina is not there. Nina is TERRIFIED of stuffed characters that move and talk, so we made sure to keep Monkey Joe away from her.

 Nina having fun. I just love this picture of her, she was loving being bounced around!

 This is my proof I was there! It was fun!

I wrote more about this day on my writer blog. I would love for you to stop by and read about what this day was like from my "mom" perspective. And if you have any stories to share about a time of celebration, I would love to hear those. So hop on over and leave me a comment, will you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun!!! Glad to see that Ellie (and all the kids) had a blast at the party!

    Tell Nina that she's not alone; that big purple guy would scare me too! I remember that when my cousin (who's in college now) celebrated his second birthday, "Barney" was there, and he was big too! Scared the daylights out of a lot of those kids...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails