Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mothering and Down Syndrome

Nichole at 7 months old...my little angel!

I came across this quote recently thanks to my friend Cary. I loved it, and in light of my last post about how Nichole has changed me, I thought it was timely. And I agree, Nichole is My Teacher of Life.

“Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It’s about understanding that she is exactly the person she is supposed to be. And that, if you’re lucky, she just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be.” ~The Water Giver

2 comments:

  1. That quote is pretty much my "mantra" these days. Just love it so much.

    I like it that you now consider me a friend. I love this bloggy world we live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, let that remind me and all of us mother's.:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails