Friday, June 22, 2012

Taking a Risk

My writer website is up! I would love for you to check it out, ellenstumbo.com. I have been working on it for a while, and I wanted it to be perfect. The thing is, the more I worked on it the more I changed things and the more I was writing and re-writing. The site is now live!

I am a little nervous, this is a risk I am taking. I could flop, and not do as well as I hope to do with my writing. But it is something that I love to do, and yes, someday I do hope to write books!

It also feels good to have something to look forward to, a "job" where I can do something I love and contribute to my family. Are you a stay-at-home mom? Do you find yourself trying to find creative ways to be a "woman" and not just a mom. Oh how I love being a mom, but I also need to do something else besides laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, and potty training. Oh I know, most of my writing does evolve around being a mom, what can I say, I really do love that job!

Would you do me a favor? Would you stop by my site and let me know what you think? I am learning as I go, and I really would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for journeying with me!

And do tell me, as a stay at home mom, what re ways you find yourself being creative?

(Linking up with Gypsy mama for 5 minute Friday, where you write for 5 minutes, no editing, just write. Today's theme is RISK, which was timely considering today is the day I launched my site)

6 comments:

  1. I like the new site! It's very well-organized. I did wonder where you are located (if I were to ask you to speak at a MOPS group or something).

    I'm a little lost for ways to express my creativity or purpose in my life as a SAHM right now. I'm hoping that this summer will give me the chance to regroup and refocus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, thanks for noticing that, great point!

      I do hope you do find the time to refocus, I think that is what is hard, finding the time (and for me sometimes the motivation)

      Delete
  2. Ellen, great job on the website! I really like it a lot. I've already checked out your "Writing Prompt" tab and would like to participate in that because it sounds like a lot of fun and would help keep me writing on a regular basis.

    I do believe that this was well worth the risk. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina, I do hope you join me on Mondays!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Putting yourself out there and aspiring to be a career writer is definitely a risk. But, I totally share that dream with you! Good luck in your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, maybe you too will want to join us on Monday for a writing prompt so we can all work on the craft together :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails