Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Photo Dump My Style

I know there is a right way to share a "photo dump" post, but this is my style of a photo dump, since I have not done a very good job of sharing pictures lately.

My little sister just graduated from high school. Ellie adores her auntie Luisa, and whenever we spend time with family, Ellie wants as much time with her aunt as she can.

Okay, so these pictures were taken on mother's day. Other than aunt Rose (who we are not biologically related to) don't we all look alike?

For mother's day we went swimming (since we were up at Mayo Clinic for Nina's year post-rhizotomy check-up) Nichole would only swim with her daddy and she pretended she was a mermaid. And let me tell you, that girl is heavy even in the water. Must be the low muscle tone.

Nina swimming with her auntie Alex.  (Random fact: Nichole cannot always tell my sisters apart from each other)

Here is Nina with her buddy Alina at Mayo Clinic. They had their rhizotomies at the same time and it was so much fun to see her again.

A few weeks ago, we got together with some friends that have kids with Down syndrome. Here we are, sweaty after a hot day, trying to look our best after a long day.

I had a girls night out about 2 weeks ago. We left the dads with the kids and we were gone for a couple of days. These ladies have made all the difference since we moved. Love them! So thankful, so so thankful that they are in my life.

This picture will eventually have a blog post of its own, but this is Nina on the last day of school. it was an emotional day for me. This little girl is AMAZING! I am incredibly proud of her and how far she has come. 

I just love this picture. Nichole adores her sister Ellie and here they were actually riding on daddy's back. I am not sure what they were looking at, but isn't it just a sweet shot?

Nina with her Opa on Father's day. (Yes, this actually is my dad. Breaking the stereotypes of what Mexicans look like)

Opa with 2 of her grandaughters. We had fun spending Father's day with him. We went swimming, and Nichole had a blast with him. No pictures of that time but it sure was a fun day.

Alejandro and Alejandra. I love this picture of my dad and my sister.

Me and my daddy. Love him to pieces.

Fearless Ellie who has a love for climbing and monkey bars. Love to see her play and move, if you have kids with low or high muscle tone, you understand what I mean by that.

I will try not to go so long without sharing pictures.

Also, I will be launching my website on Friday! Would love to have you stop by, and if you have  a blog, I hope you join me every Monday for a  writing prompt. I am really excited about this!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo dump! You need to do this more often because I always get good hair ideas when I see your girls! Hey, what can I say? I gave birth to boys. I wasn't biologically wired to do girl hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Now that I am starting my writing site I will have this as my personal blog. I realized this was not the "place" to grow my writing so I am now just going to have fun here! And that little twist I did for Ellie is super easy to do!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your website! And I loved these photos! There is no doubt whatsoever that you, your sisters and your mother all come from the same family. Wow! My mom and her three sisters look NOTHING alike at all, it's so weird. And my sister and I don't, either, but yet people tell us we do. Even weirder. ^_^ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People used to say I looked like my dad...maybe when I was little, but there is no doubt who we look like now!

      Delete
  3. So fun to see pictures! You and your sisters do look so much alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it feels as if there was a mirror in front of me...for real! or when I am really looking in the mirror, I think I see my mother!

      Delete
  4. You and your sister Alejandra look like you're twins! I can understand how it must be easy to mistake one of you for the other!

    (Comment on your comment above - I look forward to this being your personal blog again! Not that I don't enjoy your writing, but somehow I enjoy your personal thoughts more :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, just for fun, I like to ask strangers who they think is oldest ;) So far, they are still surprised there are 13 years between us...although I think now it is pretty obvious I am the oldest one.

      And thanks, I needed to separate the two!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails