Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Down Syndrome In the 21st Century

Things have changed. Down syndrome is not the same it used to be. The extra chromosome is the same, but our understanding of the potential and capabilities of people with Down syndrome have changed. We are beginning to understand. They are educating us and showing us their potential. Those stereotypes of people with Down syndrome? They are being challenges every day. Down syndrome is different. What is your idea of Down syndrome?

1 comment:

  1. That video was fantastic. I especially love the gentleman at the end who says, "I don't give up. I never have."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails