Monday, April 25, 2011

Ten Days Post Rhizotomy

It is late, but I wanted to share a quick update on Nina and her progress since having her rhizotomy.

I will start by saying that there is no doubt that this was the best thing for Nina! It has only been 10 days, but even with the difference we see now, I am so pleased! And what amazes me is that we have so much more improvement to see for the next year all thanks to this procedure!

Today, I held Nina on my hip and I realized that she felt...normal. Before the surgery, when I held Nina on my hip, I had to wrestle her legs around my waist, and there was a constant pressure of her legs tight around me. Today, it was a different story.

Today, Nina got to try to use her walker. She needs help holding her weight, regardless, she is taking steps and there is actually movement! her legs are not glued at her knees with little tiny running steps on her toes. Her legs are actually stepping, one at a time. Right now it looks a lot like she was marching...but she could not march before, that range of motion was simply not there.

Today, Nina kicked  a ball! Awkwardly and badly but she tried, and her leg was swinging back and forth.

And she sleeps!

With just one finger I can push her foot up and down. With her left foot, she can even do it on her own, she can actually flex her foot on her own!

Botox was great for Nina, and we had seen great results, but this...this trumps Botox a hundred times over! And did I mention this is only the very beginning?

4 comments:

  1. This makes me soooo happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Yay!I am glad for Nina that this is working so well so far. I am looking forward to seeing the differences in video.
    Mrs Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news! Praise God for Nina's continued, positive progress. This surgery was definitely a blessing for her, and I will continue to keep her in prayer as she moves ahead. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God this is working for Nina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails