Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Praise God!

Our two little girls.
I used to think Ellie was my baby, and now every time I look at her she seems so big! It is hard to imagine she was as small as Nichole.
These are all pictures from the time that we stayed in Mayo.

Proud aunties, Alex and Luise.
My mom loves her new baby girl, she is a proud grandma and a life saver! She came and picked up Ellie while we had to be in Rochester. Between her and my sisters Ellie had a wonderful time and Andy and I were confident that she was not going to be missing us!

Yesterday we took Nichole back to Mayo to meet with the GI doctor. It turned out to be a crazy day. As of Friday, there was nothing scheduled for her to have her blood drawn and check her numbers, I explained to a lady on the phone that it would be pointless for us to be there at 4:00 PM for our appointment if the doctor did not have her lab results. All she was able to tell us is that if we had to do lab work, we needed to be there 3 hours before our appointment, so as we were planning for 1:00 PM, we got a phone call that morning saying we had an appointment at 10:00 AM! We explained we lived 1 1/2 hours away, and we did not make it until 12:00 PM :)

(If you know me at all, you won't be surprised) :)

Nichole slept through her blood being drawn! meanwhile I was standing outside the lab room thinking maybe the rooms were soundproof! I realized they were not as I heard Andy talking to the nurses. At 4:00 PM when we met with Dr. Freeze (who was also her doctor during her hospital stay) she said her numbers looked beautiful! Praise the Lord!

She said most likely she just had an immature liver, and it took a little longer for things to go through. So now we are weanning her off her 2 medications. he will be done with one this week, and hopefully done for good in the next two to three weeks.

The Lord is good. So many answered prayers, and so much love shown to us during these last 4 weeks. We are blessed, and His blessings continue to pour down.

Great is His faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:27 PM

    The Lord surely has blessed you with two beautiful little girls! Glad to hear that Miss Nichole is doing better and seems to be back on the right track. I was listening to the radio yesterday and a song came on that made me think of you; "You're Beautiful" by Bob Carlisle. (I have the CD if your interested in listening!!) Again Praise the Lord for his tiny miracles! "Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails