Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dreams

Remember when you were little and you asked yourself, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" The dreams were endless possibilities. I wanted to be a ballerina, a mommy, a chemist, a veterinarian, a lawyer, a psychologist, someone who worked with children with Down syndrome, and a writer.

Little glimpses of those dreams have come true, others will surely never happen.

I was a ballerina until I was 17 years old. Now I teach a dance class for the girls in our homeschooling group. Nothing fancy, but lots of fun. Maybe some day I will get to teach an adaptive class for little girls of all abilities. Right now, there are a few in our class.

I am a mommy!

I have a degree in psychology and counseling.

I have a child with Down syndrome. It was the desire to work with kids with Down syndrome that made me consider psychology. You can read about that on my blog at Everyday Health.

And I still want to be a writer. Well, I suppose I am a writer, or this blog would not be here! Sometimes you just need to share those dreams for people to keep you accountable. I have ventured into actually trying to get some things published. While rejection is hard (the last post, "A Hope and a Future" was a rejected article) it is exciting when someone says "yes." So I venture here and try my hand at writing.

When I grow up, I want to be a writer. What do you want to be?

1 comment:

  1. Of all the things I've wanted to be I mostly have had fun being a mom. I still want to be a mom :) It would be nice to be a stay-at-home mom but for now I get to take my daughter to work with me so it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails