Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ten Things I Want My Kids to Remeber

This post first appeared on ellenstumbo.com

Like running water, time slips between my fingers in a steady stream. These are precious drops of time I wish I could hold on to longer, but they are gone too soon. As I seek to make memories with my children, I think about what is important, and what really matters. There are lessons, memories, moments I want my kids to remember.

I love you. 

Not because of what you can or cannot do, but simply because you are.

I delight in you. 

Nothing brings me more joy than to be your mom.

I know you can accomplish anything you want. 

I see you try hard to learn and master new skills. I know with your determination you can accomplish anything you want.

I will always be your number one fan. 

It doesn’t matter what you do or where life takes you, I will always be cheering you on, always believing in you.

It is okay to make mistakes, my love will never change. 

I know there might be times where you mess up, my love will never change, I will always be available for you.

When you are struggling in life, I am here for you. 

Sometimes we struggle to make sense of life, it is just not always easy. No matter what it is, I am here for you.

You have taught me the most precious lessons in life. 

I thought I would have so much to teach you (and I have taught you many things), but you have taught me so much more!

I am proud of you. 

So incredibly proud.

It is an honor to be your mom. 

How did I get so lucky to have you in my life? It is an honor and a pleasure to be your mom.

I would give my life for you. 

Anything, I would do anything for you. And I would give my life for you, because I love you, and because there is no sacrifice I wouldn’t give for you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very sweet post. It would mean the world to me to get a letter like this from my mom or dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. If you do not subscribe to comments, make sure you check back for my reply to your comment.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails