Girl, Born August 7, 2005
If Lera doesn't have a family committed to her adoption within the next few days, she will be sent to a mental institution where she will then be unadoptable and 'sentenced' to a crib for the rest of her life.
Here's a little about her: Lera is a gorgeous little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 4 years old. She is quite high functioning, and doing very well. She has flat feet and a systolic heart murmur, but no major heart conditions. She is able to walk and climb, she eats by herself, dances, and understands and follows directions. She has also been transferred to the regular class, so she living and learning with her typical peers.
There's a grant of $1,000 available to the family that adopts her. It's so sad that she's run out of time. She is in RUSSIA and those are closed institutions. Here's the info about adopting from her region of Russia:
- 2 trips
- Both parents for first trip, about one week
- Both parents travel for 2nd trip, approximately 14 days (One parent may leave after the court proceedings are finalized, after about 5 days.)
- Total program and travel fees under $25k
- Fee includes a $1000 orphanage donation
- Only one child can be adopted at a time
- Married couples and single mothers may apply
Please pray for a family for Lera to come to her rescue quickly!! Are you that family?
And if you live close to us, we will help you raise the money!